Sunday, January 23, 2011

Awesome Brownies

I am so excited to be doing this with all of you! I am excited to see your recipe ideas and stay a little more connected to you on a regular basis!

These are my FAVORITE brownies and my go-to dessert. They're quick and easy and so good... and really fattening.

AWESOME BROWNIES

1 c. butter, melted (2 cubes)
1/2 c. cocoa
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. vanilla

Melt butter. Mix together butter, cocoa, and sugar. Add the eggs separately, beating after each one. Then add the flour and vanilla and mix until combined. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes (I actually usually bake them less than that--I like them really fudgy. As soon as a knife comes out clean, I take them out of the oven). If you want fudgy brownies, stick them in the fridge right out of the oven and let them cool completely. Or you can throw some mini marshmallows on them right out of the oven, stick them back in the oven for a minute to allow the marshmallows to melt slightly, stick them in the fridge to let them cool and then frost them with chocolate frosting. Yum. So fattening and so good. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. What size pan do you use, Tiff?

    1C of butter, Aye-aye-aye! I bet they ARE good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ONE CUP of butter. I use just a 13 x 9 pan and they come out fairly thick. By the way, I've been making your granola bars for Jonathan to take to work. They're so good and easy and much healthier than Pop Tarts or something!

    ReplyDelete